With all the clubs for jammers in Portland, Oregon, I think Duff’s has always been a bit more Upscale in patrons and talent. They have regular concerts with touring musicians that are prominent in their genre and being such a quaint place, you always have the opportunity to meet them famous folk after the show. There are various kinds of jams, like a separate ‘HARMONICA ONLY’ open mic harp party with a well know Harp player Arthur Moore! Then there is the Root’s Jam, a mix of Blues/Jazz/Rock with a house band backing you! I have even played a bit of funk there! They recently re-located to this new location on 82nd Ave. so be sure to check you have the right address! I give a Thumbs up to Duff’s and I say make this one of your stops while JamTrotting in PDX!
Jam Portland, Oregon USA DUFF’S GARAGE
- Jam Portland, Oregon USA ROCK HARD — The Renegade Rock Jam I have jammed at a lot of clubs around the world, but this was my very first Metal and Grunge Rock jam. Although they have 2 jam nights (both Blues Mix and Metal), I only had the time to attend the Metal Bash and it was a high energy jam with [...]
- Jam Portland, Oregon USA MONTAVILLA STATION — It seems this jam has been going on for years and years…just like the Host ASHBOLT, he never ages! I have met, played and partied with some of the best talent in Portland and from everywhere around the USA and even a few from overseas. Montavilla Station is in the Montavilla area, one of Portland’s hoods [...]
- Jam Jacksonville, Oregon USA, J VILLE TAVERN! — J VILLE TAVERN ~ JACKSONVILLE, OREGON Located in one of Oregon’s quaint old-fashioned country towns is where you’ll find J Ville Tavern. Between the forest and the surrounding mountains, you’ll find this lovely part of Oregon that every traveler should see…if you want a feel for them good ol’days in American History. Nice Jam host, nice working [...]
- Jam Zagreb, Croatia, ROUTE 66 — ROUTE 66 ~ ZAGREB, CROATIA Centrally located in the heart of Beautiful Zagreb is the ROUTE 66 where you’ll find a nice big outdoor patio with trees and the inside bar area and an additional area with a stage and extra seating. I attended a sweet acoustic jam that had good attendance and accomplished musicians [...]
- JAM Itami, Japan, THE STAGE — THE STAGE ~ ITAMI, JAPAN Like all Japanese ways, even their Jam Sessions have a twist. This Jam was geared more towards Jazz players, house band being Jazz musicians, and each jammer does one song and then the next Jammer is asked up. There is a roll sheet each player fills out and each jammer provides sheet [...]